Choral Sitting Posture
- Both feet are flat on floor; one ankle may be tucked behind the other.
- Legs are never crossed
- Hips are back in the chair
- Chest is lifted
- Shoulders are down and back.
- Head is naturally straight (be particularly careful when reading music)
- "Standing Posture" ... from the hips up
Choral Standing Posture
- Feet are shoulder width apart
- One foot is slightly in front of the other
- Knees are relaxed with the body weight moved slightly forward
- Body is tall with hips, spine and head directly in line
- Chest is naturally lifted
- Arms are naturally by the side of the body
- Shoulders are down and back